About this Book
The Leadership expert, John Maxwell, provides an in-depth look at Godâ€™s laws for leaders and leadership, directly connected to the Bible.Now for the first time, the content ofÂ The Maxwell Leadership Bible is paired with the bestselling New International Version.
- Complete NIV Bible text and translators’ notes
- Book introductions
- Articles describing the 21 Laws of Leadership and the 21 Qualities of a Leader
- Notes throughout the Bible that connect with theÂ Laws and Qualities
- Indexes to the 21 Laws of Leadership and the 21 Qualities of a Leader
At least once a year I try to review a Bible, this year it’s Maxwell’s Leadership Bible. John Maxwell, is known and respected for his books and teaching on topics of leadership. I was looking forward to see how he wove his concepts on leadership with scripture.
- NIV Translation – one of the best and most popular
- Character Reviews of leadership styles. Maxwell evaluatesÂ different leadersÂ in the Bible, both good and bad, there is an index.
- Introduction to books – General introduction, a section on God’s role in the book, leaders in the book, as well as lesson on leadership that can be found in the book.
- Index of Leadership Qualities with scriptures
- Index of Leadership Issues with scriptures
- Lots of great leadership tips from Maxwell’s books!
The not so good:
- This could be me, but on some of the Leadership Laws I struggled to see the correlation between the passage associated with the text provided from a Maxwell book.
- There is a lot of focus on Maxwell’s work, which is good, but possibly a little questionable in the context of scripture.
For those who enjoy John Maxwell’s books Â this Bible gives you lots of strongÂ biblically leadership principlesÂ this is an excellent resource. If you are looking for a Bible that is strong in Biblical interpretation or critical explanation then you will want to pass on this source.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an unbiased and honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissionâ€™s 16 CFR, Part 255.