About this Book
The Leadership expert, John Maxwell, provides an in-depth look at God’s laws for leaders and leadership, directly connected to the Bible.Now for the first time, the content of The Maxwell Leadership Bible is paired with the bestselling New International Version.
- Complete NIV Bible text and translators’ notes
- Book introductions
- Articles describing the 21 Laws of Leadership and the 21 Qualities of a Leader
- Notes throughout the Bible that connect with the Laws and Qualities
- Indexes to the 21 Laws of Leadership and the 21 Qualities of a Leader
At least once a year I try to review a Bible, this year it’s Maxwell’s Leadership Bible. John Maxwell, is known and respected for his books and teaching on topics of leadership. I was looking forward to see how he wove his concepts on leadership with scripture.
- NIV Translation – one of the best and most popular
- Character Reviews of leadership styles. Maxwell evaluates different leaders in the Bible, both good and bad, there is an index.
- Introduction to books – General introduction, a section on God’s role in the book, leaders in the book, as well as lesson on leadership that can be found in the book.
- Index of Leadership Qualities with scriptures
- Index of Leadership Issues with scriptures
- Lots of great leadership tips from Maxwell’s books!
The not so good:
- This could be me, but on some of the Leadership Laws I struggled to see the correlation between the passage associated with the text provided from a Maxwell book.
- There is a lot of focus on Maxwell’s work, which is good, but possibly a little questionable in the context of scripture.
For those who enjoy John Maxwell’s books this Bible gives you lots of strong biblically leadership principles this is an excellent resource. If you are looking for a Bible that is strong in Biblical interpretation or critical explanation then you will want to pass on this source.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an unbiased and honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.